May 25, 2007

Have a Great Weekend!



Last weekend I participated in VSN on SCS. One of the challenges was to make a flower by using the Paper Quilling Technique. I had no idea where to begin, so I did a google search and pulled up a few sites that showed how to make the different shapes. For a 45 minute project I think my first attempt at quilling was pretty good. I am willing to give it another try at some point. Maybe this weekend, but most likely not.

I got my flower finished and I didn't know what to do with it so I "recycled" a card sketch I used in the past and added the flower to it. The stem, leaves and sentiment from You Make Me Happy worked perfectly with this card. The colors are Rose Red, Always Artichoke and Whisper white. I meant to do an Always Artichoke base but I didn't have enough time to go and correct my mistake to keep within the time frame of the challenge. I did use 2 way glue, dimensionals, black gingham ribbon and a staple on my project as well. The scallop edge was made with the corner rounder punch with the guard removed.

This is going to be a busy weekend, so I am afraid I will not have any updates for you. We will see and I may have the time, but I am going to relax and enjoy my Memorial Day weekend. It is going to be so relaxing that I am going to help my brother and sister-in-law pack and move from thier townhome to condo tomorrow. LOL! I hope you enjoy your long weekend and I'll be back on Tuesday with some more projects to share.

Jenn

3 comments:

Ashley B. said...

Love how you pointed the quilled petals outward. Very cute!

Saliber said...

Oh wow, I remember doing those in art class! Your card looks very pretty! :-)

Linda McClain said...

Oooo . . . paper quilling is gorgeous. I haven't tried it yet, it looks lovely. Linda