May 8, 2007

The Great Eggplant Challenge


Remember this post? If not, check it out or keep reading and you'll get the idea. My friend Becky and I were talking about the Color Coach Combo for Elegant Eggplant. She challenged me to make a card with the combo and then I challenged you. Unfortunately, I have been slacking and I didn't get my card done until today. I am happy to say that I don't think it turned out that badly.
I started with Elegant Eggplant as my base, and I decided to make another Joy Fold card. I made one earlier this evening and I really enjoyed it. I will share that card later this week. I can't spoil you every day with 2 projects. If you are interested in how to make this card check out this tutorial by Beate.
After I had my card layed out I found some scraps of Basic Grey paper that I had left over from Beate's Blog Candy contest. I needed something to break up all of the purple and I wasn't in the mood to do it myself, so the paper matched perfectly with the color scheme. I layered the Basic Grey paper with some Lavendar Lace onto the base of the card. The smaller fold over layer is made from Old Olive that is matted with Pixie Pink and Pretty in Pink. I stamped the smaller flourish from Doodle this onto the Pretty in Pink layer with Old Olive ink. Then I stamped the large flower on Whisper white and colored it in with my AquaPainter and Pixie Pink and Pretty in Pink ink. The center of the flower is Old Olive. After I had it all cut out it blended into the layer below it too much so I stamped the flower again on Old Olive and cut that out to look like leaves. The flowers are held together with a Vintage brad and then adhered to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional.
I wanted a way to keep the card closed so I found a piece of HodgePodge Hardware and it works perfectly! It is held on my a matching brad. After I was all done I stamped Cherish from Warm Words in Close to Cocoa on the left hand side of the card.
If you are interested in entering a card with this color scheme you have until Sunday. You just need to link your card to the challenge post.
Jenn

3 comments:

beate said...

I am cracking up over here. I saw this card on SCS and thought to myself what wonderful paper that is and I wish I had it! LOL
I must have another sheet of this if I send it to you!
Great card. I need to go back and read what the color combo is and see if I can make a card with it. I strongly dislike purple...but a challenge is a challenge! And I love challenges! Have a wonderful day. Hugs!

crafty said...

luv the colours on this card
ciao ciao crafty joan in italy

Saliber said...

It is beautiful!! I mean, for such ugly colors, together it just works!

Great job! The other card someone did was really pretty too!