May 29, 2007

Finding a Balance


Life is going full force as usual and this is the first week Colin is home full time on summer vacation. I got used to having him out of the house 3 days a week even if it was only for 3 hours each time. Now I have to figure out how to work my stamping in along with the kids and all of their activities. Today we got up, ate breakfast, went outside and the rest of the day flew by faster than I could blink. The kids are fed, bathed and in bed and you know what? I'm exhausted! The thought of going downstairs to stamp just isn't appealing to me right now. All I want to do is veg on the couch, and that is alright by me.
Last year I took a pilot parenting class offered by our school sponsered playgroup. It was a Super Nanny style parenting class and we even got a free copy of her book. It was great! We got great ideas and left with a dry erase schedule board. We used that schedule all summer long last year and it was fun for Colin to see what we had accomplished each day. As the school year progressed the schedule quickly became a thing of the past because we fell into our own schedule. I didn't have hours out of the day to plan. Colin would go to school, I'd pick him up, we'd eat lunch and then it would be off to Tae Kwon Do. Home for a rest, make dinner and then Dad time. Now I have to pull out the schedule chart and we are going to fill it out together. I set mealtimes and bedtimes and the unimportant things we plan together. In that schedule I will have stamping time, Colin will probably be having quiet time and Evan naptime. We will find that balance, but until then I may be a little scatterbrained and not have as many stamped projects for you.
Luckily, I have a bunch of cards I made for RAK's, VSN and for other SCS challenges that have not been posted here on my blog. So I will be able to share a bunch. I hope that as summer climbs into full swing you all are able to find a balance in your life for what you enjoy!
Stamps: That's Nice, French Script
Cardstock: Cranberry Crisp, Au Chocolate, Chocolate Chip
Inks: Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: sponge, vintage brads, Prima flower with matching brad

No comments: