May 9, 2007

Explosion Box





I have heard about explosion boxes, but I have never attempted one on my own. Fancy paper folding and me usually ends up with a pile of scraps in the garbage and nothing to show for it. I even surprised myself today! No scraps in the garbage and 2 finished projects in under an hour. If I can do it, then so can you. A great tutorial is found here on SCS.



I used Chocolate Chip as the base and stamped it with White Craft Ink and the Doodle This flourishes. If these don't make the new Fall/Winter collection I am doomed. I love this stamp set and all of the doodles for that matter. The top is made from My Minds Eye paper that I bought at Costco a few weeks ago. I went back on Sunday and didn't see any in sight. It is all so gorgeous that I should have bought 2 to start with. The box is tied together with Ivory Organdy Ribbon.



Here is the second box I made. The supplies for this one are all Stampin' Up!. I used Pretty in Pink paper and ink for the base and stamped it with Polka Dots and Paisley. The top is from the Petals and Paisley designer series paper. Again the box is tied together with Ivory Grosgrain Ribbon.

I even have time to get started on the Sketch Challenge while Evan is napping! Colin seems to be a bit under the weather. He had another round of allergy testing yesterday and he keeps sneezing and coughing so he is content to lay on the couch next to my stamping table and watch Cars. Did you know that I've heard the movie more times than I have actually watched it?

Jenn

5 comments:

Marie said...

These are so cute!! I'm going to have to make one. I see that you wish you had gotten 2 packs of paper and I'm starting to wish so too. Of course, the ones I grabbed first I've already used up and don't have any left! Oh well, maybe it will make us use the ones we wouldn't necessarily have purchased on their own and stamp out of our comfort zone. That can be a good thing! TFS :)

bettybetty said...

Can you show us the inside too! paleeez

bettybetty said...

Yumyumyummmy! I love chocolate and pink and I made one with the same bottom from the polka dots and paisley papers but I used green polka dots for the bottom and greenandblue flowers for my top. Next time I will use a cardstock bottom I think to make it sturdier.

Saliber said...

I wanted to try these for Drew's teachers to put some candy in them. I was a bit scared, but mine turned out cute too! I just haven't taken a picture yet!

I love yours, they look beautiful!!

beate said...

Beautiful explosion boxes!