May 22, 2007

Crayon Resist Technique


I have to say I have never tried the Crayon Resist Technique before today, but this is something I can see myself doing a lot. It was quick and easy, plus it gives a dramatic impact to the card. I did a really simple card, so I apologize if you were expecting to see some elaborate project, but time did not allow for such things today.
There is a great tutorial on Splitcoaststampers on this technique, but it is quick and easy. I stamped my doodle flower from Doodle This twice on Glossy White cardstock with Jetblack Stazon. Then I colored on the flower with a white crayon where I wanted the paper to remain white. I then took my AquaPainter and colored the image in, one with Regal Rose and Apricot Appeal, the other with Mellow Moss. After it was dry, and you have to be patient when working with Glossy White paper I took a tissue and wiped the ink off of the flower where I had colored with crayon. The result is white highlights on your paper. I just colored over the dots on the flower and where I made it into a leaf. After that I cut it out and layered the leaves under the flower, added a dimensional and stuck it onto my project.
Stamps: Doodle This, Warm Words
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst Palette O'Prints, Glossy White, Apricot Appeal
Ink: Certainly Celery, Jetblack Stazon, Almost Amethyst, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Mellow Moss
Accessories: AquaPainter, white crayon, tissue, Large and Small Oval Punches, 1/16" hole punch, vintage brads, white grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

OH! What a cute flip flop card! How adorable is THAT! :) And I really like the way you made the leaves in the top card into a border. Clever!