May 3, 2007

Clearly Doodle Fun



I tried something new today! Todays Ways to Use It Challenge at SCS had to include a Window Sheet so I had to run out and get some transparencies at Staples. I was completely surprised at how expensive transparencies can be. I took for granted all of the years they were supplied to me for free in school and then they were not my favorite classroom supply. Or maybe it was the heat of the light bulb reflecting off of my forehead that didn't amuse me. Anyway I'm going off on a tangent. I am extremely glad that I made the purchase anyway and those of you who will be attending my class on Sunday should be happy too because we will be making this exact card! It was so much fun and not only did I learn something new I used a product I almost never pull out of my stash - my Stampin' Pastels.

Can you believe that the entire Doodle flower was colored in with my pastels? They are so vibrant and cheerful and it surprised me how a little blender pen and pastels could create such an impact. I first cut my transparency to size and then cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to fit behind it. I then stamped the flower on with Jetblack Stazon. Flipping the transparency over I used a blender pen and my pastels to color the flower in. I used Taken with Teal, Apricot Appeal and Certainly Celery. Then I flipped the transparency back over, punched both layers with my double rectangle punch and threaded black gingham ribbon through the holes and tied a bow. It was very simple and yet very stunning. The only classic ink I used on the card was Mellow Moss and I used that with my Everyday Flexible Phrases set to stamp "celebrate" on the round tab punch. The other cardstock colors are Basic Black and Taken with Teal. I then used some of my Petals and Paisley Designer series paper and scored 1/4" to flip over to show off both sides. I had done that with a card last month too. I really love to show off both sides of the gorgeous paper.

Tomorrow I have to get some cardstock cut out for my class this weekend and I have to finalize 4 more projects. I will share those with you over the next few days and next week as well. I can't spoil the surprise on all of my cards. For more information on my classes visit my Demonstrator Website.

Jenn

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

What a lovely card! Nice to see that Petals & Paisley pattern used - everyone seems to go for the pinks and blues! Terrific idea to use pastels on the backof the acetate. I had no idea that would work!

chelemom said...

What a pretty soft card! Nice job!