May 4, 2007

Celebrate A Latte



I have never participated in the Limited Supply Challenge at SCS, that is until today. This week we were given a list and if the item was on the list we could use it, if it wasn't we couldn't. I might have cheated a bit because I used dimensionals, but SNAIL wasn't on there either, so I figured it was okay. The first item on the list was Food Stamps. I don't own any with food, so I used a stamp set that I have been borrowing from my mom that was in the Winter mini. I really hope Like It A Latte makes it into the Fall and Winter Collection. I love this set!

The color was limited to Earth Elements or Bold Brights, plus a neutral, so I went with Earth Elements of course. I chose Chocolate Chip as the base of my card and used French Script as a background stamp in the same color. I just bought French Script a few weeks ago and I am so shocked that it is going to be retired as of June 30th. It is one of my favorite background stamps, and since I don't own many it hurts to see it going. Going with the Earth Elements theme I used Ruby Red. I wanted to use Pretty in Pink, but it's in the wrong color family. I used the little swirl in Like It A Latte and stamped it randomly on this layer before I distressed the edges and used my paper piercing tool and mat pack to add faux stitching to both the Ruby Red layer and the smaller Chocolate Chip layer. I used my white gel pen for the faux stitching. It is one of my favorite techniques.

I sponged the Whisper white layer with Creamy Caramel before stamping on my Latte steam. I stamped the cup and marshmallows in Chocolate Chip on a scrap piece of paper, cut them out and then popped them up on dimensionals. I did the same with the heart, but I had stamped that in Ruby Red. I added 2 vintage brads and then made a small tag that says Celebrate You from the Greetings Galore set. I tied it to the vintage brad with natural hemp twine.

I really loved how this turned out and at first I had a hard time creating a card without any designer series paper or ribbon. Now I have to get started on my color challenge listed below. I hope you take time to participate and I can't wait to see your cards.

Jenn

1 comment:

beate said...

Oh....that is simply gorgeous! Love everything about it!