May 21, 2007

Baby Wipe Technique


I promise this post is not about changing Evan's diaper. I couldn't resist that one. Anyone who knows me realizes that. This weekend I took part in Virtual Stamping Night which is really more of a weekend. One of the challenges was to use the Baby wipe technique and this is something I have never tried. This was also a technique that I didn't have to run to the store to complete. My house has baby wipes a plenty.
I took the baby wipe, placed it on a paper plate and dropped some re-inkers onto it. I used Almost Amethyst, Apricot Appeal and Regal Rose. I then inked up my That's Nice sentiment stamp on my makeshift baby wipe ink pad and I had a easy multi colored image. It does not show up as well in the picture as it does in real life. I then used it to make the trifold card. The Big Bloom is also inked up on the same baby wipe before being stamped on whisper white cardstock. I used Regal Rose, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery and Apricot Appeal cardstock along with some of My Mind's Eye designer series paper.
Tomorrow I am going to try the Crayon resist technique that was featured on SCS today and I will try to share those results with you.

3 comments:

Markie's Mom said...

Holy Moly this is a great card! I had never tried this until VSN!

Beate said...

BEAUTIFUL card Jenn!

Heather (pink-fish) said...

Absolutely beautiful card!!