May 8, 2007

Altered Notebook


About a month ago I joined the RAK forum at SCS. What is a RAK you ask? It is a Random Act of Kindness. There are several parts of it that I take place in. One part is to just send out cards to random people and I usually send out at least two a week. A second part is the Wish RAK, where people can request stamped images, cardstock, punched out cardstock - especially those wonderful scalloped circles and ovals we see everywhere, and anything papercrafting related you can think of. I send out a few envelopes a week and I try to spread the wealth around. The last part of the forum that I am involved in is the Bloggers RAK, where you send out cards to Random Bloggers that have joined.
When I send something in the mail I make a note of it usually on a scrap of paper or on a Post-It Note. The notes often get lost and I can't remember what I sent and to whom I sent it. So when my mom asked me last Sunday if I wanted a notebook she bought in the Target $1 Spot I jumped on it. I knew just what I would use it for and I knew what paper I was going to use.
I picked this sheet from Notations double sided designer series paper. It is available in Stampin' Up!'s Spring Mini catalog and it is gorgeous. I have a hard time making projects that don't include designer series paper. I then used the Memo stamp from Office Accoutrement and stamped it in Chocolate Chip on Naturals White cardstock and matted it on Tempting Turquoise. I then stamped off the little flower with Apricot Appeal before stamping it on my Memo lines. Then I added the large flower that is stamped in Apricot Appeal, followed by the small Chocolate Chip flower. The flower is held together with a Vintage Brad.
The inside of the notebook holds 3 tabs that I punched out from Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery and Tempting Turquoise and they are labeled for the 3 parts of the RAK forum I mentioned above. The ribbon was attached to the book when it was made and I didn't think I could remove it safely to add another color so I left it on. Finally I lightly sanded the edges of the paper with a sanding block and I am very happy with the results. I will also no longer lose the Post It Notes and random pieces of scratch paper that I wrote my RAK's on. I'll now know what I sent, when I sent it and who I sent it too and it is all in one gorgeous notebook.
Thanks for the notebook mom!
Jenn

3 comments:

Kris said...

What a great idea! This turned out really well and it's handy to boot! It doesn't get much better than that does it?

beate said...

Your altered book looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Julia Stainton said...

This is darling! I love it!