April 14, 2007

We have a Birthday Tomorrow!


Colin is going to be 4 years old! I have no idea where the past four years have gone, but they have certainly flew by! We had some friends from out of town stop in today to celebrate with us since they can't be here tomorrow and when the kids were in bed I ran down stairs to stamp. I made 2 projects today.
I went to Target to get the cake decorations and ran across picture frames in the $1 spot! I had to try really hard not to buy them all, but I did end up getting one. I have some finishing touches to put on it, but you can get a glimpse of what it looks like. I'll share the completed frame when it is finished. I am making it to put Colin's 4th birthday picture into it.
Then I sat down and made a card. It was fun to sit and stamp for fun and I feel like I am out of my creative funk. Thanks to all of the neat stuff I got in the mail. You can read all about that in my last post. I had a scrap of the Basic Grey paper left over from the frame and I couldn't put it away so I used it to make a card. The base of the card is Cool Caribbean. The scalloped squares I got in the mail yesterday and I taped 2 together to make a rectangle and layered the rectangle with a piece of whisper white cardstock. The saying and image is from a Sell-A-Bration set called Happy Harmony. I colored it in with a Cool Caribbean, True Thyme and added some dots on the flower with a Chocolate Chip marker.
At this point you are probably asking yourself how I got a Cool Caribbean and True Thyme marker since Stampin' Up doesn't carry the markers for the In Colors. That is very simple to answer. I made them! I simply took the re-inkers I have for the In Colors and then I used 6 blender pens. I used the reinkers on both sides of the blender pen tips and while I turned the pen slowly around I added drops of the ink to it.
The card still needed a little something so I used my French Script background stamp with versamark to add a subtle texture to the card. I added some paper piercing and connected the dots to create a faux stitch look.
I was in the middle of getting some Prima flowers to add to the corner of the card when my luck wore out. My cat knocked over my bottle of Mod Podge, which I should have made sure to seal properly and it fell nicely onto the corner of my card. I tried to mop it all up and I figured that since I am giving this card to my 4 year old son for his birthday I'd just go ahead and add a few flowers and be done with it. I do not recommend this method at all, but since I was so close to completion and exhaustion I basically worked with what I had.
Now it's off to bed and I have to get ready for a busy day tomorrow. Colin had problems sleeping last night because he thought everyone was coming over today. Needless to say I am now exhausted!
I may not have time to update tomorrow, but I wish everyone a nice end to their weekend. Happy 4th Birthday Colin!

1 comment:

Angie (Anna741) said...

Wow!!! I am the lucky one to receive this *beautiful* card as a RAK from you! Thank you so much, Jenn!