April 24, 2007

Swaps Galore!


I have signed up for a number of swaps using this lovely new Palette O' Prints paper. I almost didn't want to break into my stash, but I figure come May 1st I can always place another $35 order to get some more. That can be my excuse for more stamps.
I didn't have lots of time to get this swap out. My UPS man delivered my paper around 4 pm yesterday afternoon and my swaps are going in the mail tonight to meet my April 30th deadline. They have to travel all of the way to California by then, so I found a card I loved and Cased the layout making my own changes along the way. Here is the origninal card, by StarofMay at SCS.
I love how they came out and if I had some sun this morning when I went to take my picture maybe you'd be able to see the gorgeous colors too. I signed up to make 8 swap cards using Rose Red, so that is how I came up with my color scheme. I found combinations with Rose Red as a coordinating color and I ended up with Chocolate Chip and So Saffron. It also listed Almost Amethyst on my Color Wheel so I used that as an accent color in the flower. I stamped the big flourish from Doodle This in So Saffron on the So Saffron layer and then used Happy Everything to stamp my sentiment with Chocolate Chip. Then I attached my piece of Rose Red Palette O' Prints after I ran it through my corner rounder to give it a nice scalloped edge. Then using whisper white I stamped my Big Blooms with Rose Red and Almost Amethyst and adhered Fresh Favorites II buttons using glue dots. I tied it all together with white grosgrain ribbon. The flowers are then put on the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Now I am getting started on my next swap. Then I'm planning some time to stamp for fun.

1 comment:

beate said...

Your Swaps look amazing, Jenn!