April 26, 2007

Swap Number 3 and a Challenge


I signed up for a First Time Swappers Swap on SUDSOL. If you haven't figured it out yet I love to swap. It's a great way to get samples and ideas for color schemes I may not try, sets I may not own, layouts and a whole bunch of inspiration.
I promise that I only have one left swap to make this week. Then I have to get started on a few more samples for my Vendor Fair on Saturday. If you live in Northeastern, IL and you want to attend a Craft and Vendor Fair stop by Bickmore House in Bourbonnais this Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm. It's located off of Rt. 102 and William Latham Dr, across from the Post Office. I have more information about this on my Events Calendar on my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website.
This morning when I sat down to create my swap I challenged myself to use a color I never reach for. Seeing my Perfect Plum stash looking full I decided it would be my base color. From there I checked my Color Coach, which is one tool I cannot live without and chose my colors from there. I went with More Mustard, Ruby Red and Barely Banana for the cardstock and my ink colors are Basic Black, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa and Old Olive. I used my Round Tab punch, 1/8" hole punch, Crafters tool kit, silver eyelets and I was set to go. It still needed a little something so I added highlights in White Gel pen. Now that it is all together I am really pleased with the result. Once a week I am going to force myself to work with colors I don't normally pick. I challenge you to do the same and if you send me the link to your challenge I'll post it here on my blog.
Here is my second challenge to you. Make someone's day by leaving a comment on their blog. Simply post here that you did so and I'll choose a number at Random on Sunday to mail a card out to.
Happy Stamping!
Jenn

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

HI Jenn,

What a beautiful card! Absolutely stunning. I think I will have to sign up for that swap, on the condition I get one of yours, LOL. THe announcement is in my inbox waiting for my decision...

April Hall said...

This is so pretty! The color combo's go GREAT together!