April 25, 2007

Second Swap



Yesterday I finished the Palette O'Print swap for Splitcoaststampers. I have that mailed out and off my To Do List, but I have 2 more to tackle. I think I have swap number 2 figured out. This is for a group that I have never swapped with before and I am so nervous about it. It's almost like waiting for your final exam grade to know if you have passed your class. I haven't been this nervous since I took the image tubing class online last winter. For those of you who aren't into digital graphics a tube is simply an image that has the background removed. Then it can be used by itself in signature tags. Before I became a Stampin' Up! Demo I was fully immersed in Paint Shop Pro land *waving to all of my friends*. I promise to get a new signature tag tutorial out soon.

Back to this card. I saw a layout I loved at Splitcoaststampers. There is one from Speedystamper and one from jpmayo. I love the layout because it gives me the chance to show off enough of the new Palette O'Prints Designer series paper without using all of it on a card. I used Apricot Appeal for the base of the card and then used Almost Amethyst, Blush Blossom and Whisper White. The lovely Certainly Celery layer is part of the Palette O'Prints promotion. Isn't it gorgeous? To tie the layers together I used some White grosgrain ribbon and then I sponged some Blush Blossom classic ink onto the Whisper White cardstock so that it would not be such a dramatic change in colors from one layer to the next. I had to use my favorite tools from the Crafters tool kit so I added some paper piercing on the base layer of the card.

So now I have one down and if I decided to use this as my swap card I have 10 more to go. I still have to make my final decision but as of now Evan is not letting me stamp. He is slowly feeling better, but he is still clingy and crabby. I can't wait until all of this passes. To top it all off it is raining today so there is no hope of playing outside. The rain is supposed to last until Friday afternoon.

1 comment:

Dawn aka TreasureOiler said...

Great card! Wanted to say that I'm a huge PSP fan too! Used to make tons of sig tags but since joining Stampin'Up! I've gotten away from it a bit. Sure is nice that we can make our own watermarks isn't it?!