April 19, 2007

My Very First Bella


I got some of my first Stamping Bella's ever in the mail today! I was so exicted. I actually got 2 envelopes full of Cosmobella thanks to two lovely ladies that are part of SCS's Wish RAK forum. I just found out about it a few weeks ago and I jumped right in. It is a lot of fun. I am having a blast sending out cards and images that people have requested. What a neat forum. You really should check it out.
Anyway, I am so far behind on Sketch Challenges, Color Challenges, you name it I'm behind on it. Life gets so hectic at times that I have to remember to take a step back and find some time for myself. Luckily, this weekend I may have 1 day free. So Sunday I may get out of bed, stay in my pj's and head down to my stamping spot. That is if I can convince my wonderful, caring and adoring husband *are you reading?* to take the kids outside for a bit and let mommy have some peace and quiet. Do you get in one of those ruts where you keep saying "Let's just get through . . . (fill in the blank) and we'll finally be able to relax."? I do that all of the time and I don't know why I actually still believe it. I used to say once I get through high school I'll have all of the time in the world to . . . (fill in the blank). Then it was once I get through college . . . grad school . . . summer vacation (when I taught high school) . . . when I can stay at home full time with the kids . . . when the kids are in school full time. That is where I am at now. It just never ends. I just need to take a step back and stop and smell the ink pads. *giggle* I don't really smell my ink pads, okay unless it's Stazon which reminds me of Almond shower gel from the Body Shop. Does anyone actually know why Stazon smells so good? I bet it's so that we have a permanent black dot at the ends of our noses to prove we actually do sniff our ink pads.
Well that was way off on a tangent. Let's get back to this card. I colored Cosmobella in with my AquaPainter and some Bordering Blue, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel and Blush Blossom. I was talking to my friend on the phone while I was coloring and I asked her what she thought the best color was for skin tone. She told me Blush Blossom and that was actually my first thought too. Thanks Becky! I have her all painted and pretty and I have no idea what I was going to do with her. So I pulled out one of my handy sketches that I wanted to get too and Sketch Challenge 118 came to the rescue. Isn't that patterened paper gorgeous! I got it from Beate and I can't put all of her great shares down. Wouldn't you know it but Color Challenge 107 of Brocade Blue, Real Rust and Marigold morning was a perfect compliment to this paper. So I got 2 challenges down for the price of 1. I used Polka Dots and Petals with Versamark to break up the solid blue background a bit. Then I took out my silver eyelets and added some to my Cosmobella layer. I used some scraps of ribbon I got from a share and I was all set. I think she turned out pretty cute.
Jenn

2 comments:

Allison said...

Looks terrific...love the colors and that DP!

Melanie aka Batgirl said...

I love the paper you used!