April 15, 2007

My First Photo Frame


I really love how this frame turned out. I am going to use it to put Colin's 4th birthday picture in. I found the frames in the $1 spot at Target. It was painted black and had a white bow with black polka dots glued to the top of it. I removed the bow and then used some Mod Podge to adhere some Basic Grey paper that came in the mail from Beate's Blog Candy contest. Isn't the paper gorgeous? I have not yet found any Basic Grey paper in any of the LSS stores around here, so I was thrilled to get some in any way possible.
After the first layer of Mod Podge was glued on I used a bone folder to make sure there were no bubbles of adhesive under the paper. When it dried I added a 2nd layer of Mod Podge over the paper and then let that dry. After everything was dry I lightly sanded the edges of the paper and then tied on some May Arts ribbon that was in the package from the Blog Candy contest.
I ran out of time, so this morning I added Colin's name to the bottom of the frame by stamping out the letters with my Letterpress Alphabet from Stampin' Up!. I stamped the letters in Cool Caribbean on Whisper White cardstock and then layered them onto Cool Caribbean paper. I used Tacky tape to adhere the letters to the frame. It is now ready to hold on of the pictures from today. Hopefully I'll get a great picture of him blowing out his birthday candles or opening his presents.
We have about an hour until guests arrive so I better get a move on.

1 comment:

Bonnie Weiss said...

Your "Colin" frame is wonderful and I'm sure his photo will look adorable in it.