April 27, 2007

I'm in a Stamping Slump


Todays is just one of those days where everything I have tried to stamp just does not turn out how I pictured it in my head. I made this card late this afternoon as I was trying to figure out my last Palette O'Prints Swap card. I am having the hardest time working with Almost Amethyst and it is one of my favorite colors. I just can't use it very well. I got this card done and I hated it. I wanted to throw it out with my other false starts, but I made myself put it together. I took the kids out and walked away from stamping for a bit.
I came back home and when I picked up the card I kind of liked it. I'm not in love with it, but it is growing on me. I am still stumped on what I should do for my last swap card, but I'm on a better path than I was a few hours ago. I love Simply Said! As soon as I got my Consistency Counts from last quarter it went on my list. I don't care if it retires in a few days. Oh my Gosh, May 1st is Tuesday!!!!! I am so excited to see the retiring list!
Anyway I am off track. The one thing I know I have to include in my card is Almost Amethyst Palette O'Prints paper. That is the color I signed up for. I should have gone for the So Saffron, but too late now all of the slots are filled. I stamped my Paisley in Certainly Celery on the base of the card. From there I chose to work with Blush Blossom, the Almost Amethyst designer paper and Whisper White. I used Office Accoutrement and stamped the large flower in Regal Rose and the smaller one in Apricot Appeal before I cut them out and held them together with a Vintage Brad. I stamped the flowers from Simply Said in JetBlack Stazon and then colored them with my Certainly Celery and Apricot Appeal markers. I think the bright Rose flower really adds a strong focal point to the card.
I may not be around much this weekend. I have the Craft and Vendor Fair tomorrow and a Bridal Shower to go to on Sunday. Have a great weekend and I hope I can update tomorrow that I had an awesome Fair!
Jenn

6 comments:

Allison said...

You have been tagged!

http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2007/04/tagged-again.html

Maria said...

It's pretty. I like it. The colors and layout are great!!

Anonymous said...

Never throw them out - send it to someone just becasue. I really like this card and the colors. Beauty is always different through someone elses eyes. Have a great day! Dottie

April Hall said...

This is really cute! LOVE IT!

Jana Mays said...

Jenn,

Funny, I was searching the gallery on SCS trying to find an inspiration for my Certainly Celery POP card for our swap, and yours was the one I was immediately drawn to!

I really like this card.

Angel said...

oooh, I love this card!