April 3, 2007

Have you heard the buzz?


Of the new Stampin' Up! Specials! I was so excited to see them on Sunday right before I headed off to a class I had. If you haven't seen them then run, don't walk over to the Stampin' Up! Website to check them out. Say It With Stamps allows you to purchase 5 versatile greetings stamps and one alphabet stamp set for 20% off with no additional purchase. I know I had to jump on the bandwagon and place an order this past Sunday. Warm Words has been on my wish list for a while now and what a better time to cross it off than with a discount. This promotion ends April 30th and 2 of the sets are going to be retired as of June 30th. If they are on your wish list make sure you don't miss out on them. The second special is for those of you who have been waiting to join the Stampin' Up Family. Not only do you get a sneak preview of two of the new exclusive hostess sets coming out with the new catalog in July, but you get a Level 2 and a Level 3 stamp set for free just for signing up. And let me tell you the new hostess stamp sets are worth hosting a workshop for. I can't wait to be able to share all of them with you. I am also starting to sign people up for my hostess clubs that are beginning in July. This is going to be the easiest way to earn those stamp sets, hang out with friends, have fun and learn new stamping techniques.
I made this card for my last class, but this is the unfinished version. I had an idea in my head about what type of layout I wanted to try, and while I loved the layout I wasn't all that impressed with the outcome. This card was just missing something - so tomorrow I am going to show you how I changed this card up to get an effect and product that I was happy with. If you were at my last class then you already know my secret - so shhhh, don't tell. *wink*
All of the supplies for this card are from Stampin' Up. The stamp set is from the Spring mini catalog and is called Bunny Hugs. The cardstock is Close to cocoa, Bashful blue, Certainly celery, Regal rose and Whisper white. The inks I used are Certainly Celery and Jet black Stazon. I then colored in the Bunny's tummy, ears and nose with Pretty in Pink stampin' write marker. I cut the bunny out and adhered him to the front of the card with SNAIL adhesive. I love snail and it really is my adhesive of choice. I used the small tag punch and the tag punch to make the tag and then punched a hole out using the 1/8 hole punch and then threaded Rose grosgrain ribbon through it. To dress up the card a bit I used the mat pack and the paper piercing tool that comes in the crafter's tool kit.
Colin loves this bunny and keeps telling me that his ears have "pink satin in them, that's a type of material mommy!". Can you tell we have been reading the Velveteen Rabbit a lot lately?
Later this week I will have a special project to show all of you. I have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator meeting today and we are going to complete a project using a Simply Scrappin' Kit! I saw the example last month and I am really excited about tonight.
The next two weeks are going to be super busy around here with Easter and Colin's 4th birthday! I still have problems believing that he is going to be 4 years old. Time really does fly. Then I am getting ready to have a garage sale. I need to sell off a bunch of the baby items we have been holding onto for the last few years. If I do that I can get my husbands workroom in order and get the cabinets I want for my stamping supplies. Then hopefully everything will be on hand and I won't have to carry my supplies from room to room to use them.
Happy Stamping!

No comments: