April 16, 2007

Do you like getting mail?



Earlier tonight I asked Colin to pick a number and I have it safely written down somewhere. It is between 1 and 10. So if you like getting mail that doesn't include bills and mass mailings leave a comment. I will send a card to the person who leaves a comment for the random number Colin chose. I have some wonderful cards made up ready to be sent, so this is an easy way to get a handmade card with little to no effort.

I'm hosting Long Notes Swap on SUDSOL. If you are a Stampin' Up Demonstrator you should really check out the free trial. I was hooked soon after I tried it out and I think it is a great business too. Anyway, the swaps are coming in by the box full! Today was the first time ever that I got a package from Alaska. It's like Christmas ripping the swaps open. In order to save our long notes we are just doing a cardfront swap, so we were able to cut the front out of regular cardstock, but because of the size of the Long Notes we can't replicate them at home with 12 X 12 cardstock. It simply isn't long enough.

I'm a great procrastinator and I'm glad I waited to get my card done. I am getting tons of So Saffron and Sahara Sand cardfronts. There were no Cool Caribbean yet in my stash, so I decided at the last minute today to nix the cards I had been trying out and use the color that no one else has used yet. I hit a blank wall. I was stumped and had no idea what to do. I've done a bunch of Crab and Company cards lately, so I didn't want to go that route, but I wasn't sure what to do. So I did the next best thing. I cruised the Splitcoaststampers Gallery for ideas. Wouldn't you know it? SeattleStamper on SCS had a great card to case and "Tada" I had a card to case. Thanks so much for the idea!

I used Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron and the striped paper is from the hostess Simply Scrappin' Kit, Friends and Flowers. The ink is Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip, Jetblack Stazon, Rose Red and So Saffron. Along the edge of the striped paper and under the ribbon I used the pre-glued Diecuts to run across my card and it gives it a very finished look. The flower was painted with classic ink and an AquaPainter. I then cut it out and used a Dimensional to pop it up. The ribbon is celery grosgrain ribbon, and I used the ticket corner punch on the so saffron cardstock layer. Now my swap is complete and I can get started on my next one.

I finished early enough this evening that I was able to haul everything out of my garage, power wash the floor and then I hauled everything back in. I guess I'm not leaving my computer chair for a while. *Whew, I'm tired*

Want mail??? Leave a comment!

3 comments:

Dawn aka TreasureOiler said...

Oh I LOVE getting mail...just not bills! But I doubt anyone does! lol
I had to go to the scrapbook store today and buy that paper you used on your frame yesterday! Saw it...loved it...had to get it! Love coming to your blog!
Dawn

Heather Leech said...

Beautiful card!! And a chance to have it land in my mail box...awesome!
Thanks!!
Heather L.

Lisa said...

I love snail mail! And I don't get much of it! I love your card and I visit your site often. You do beautiful work!

Lisa M.
Control Freaks list mom