April 30, 2007

6 X 6 Scrapbook Page


I really enjoy scrapbooking so I don't know why I don't do it on a more frequent basis. I made this page for a 6 X 6 scrapbook page swap. I have one partner and this is the page I am sending to her. I really like how it turned out so I made one for myself too.
I started with a 6 X 6 piece of Almost Amethyst cardstock and stamped the large flourish from Doodle This in Almost Amethyst classic ink. Next I used my Round Tab punch to make a tab out of So Saffron and then stamped Original on it from the Office Accoutrement stamp set. I thought it needed a bright element so I used Rose Red to color in the 2 flowers and added a So Saffron center. To highlight the flower a bit I scribbled some white gel pen on each of the circles in the petals. Then I popped the flowers up on dimensionals. I think it looks nice and bright and cheery.
Once I was finished I found the perfect picture to add to the page. This was taken back in September when Colin had his very first day of school ever. This was taken as we were leaving the house to go to Preschool. I can't believe the school year is almost over! He is only in attendance until May 25th and next year he will be in the 4 year old preschool class and will go 5 half days a week. Before I know it Evan will be following in his footsteps and my house will be so very quiet.
I added the words to my page after I took the photo in Paintshop Pro.

2 comments:

Alison Molumby said...

This page is so cute -- I love the colors, and the photo is great. Nice work!

April Hall said...

TOTALLY Adorable. I love what you do!