March 29, 2007

Spring is in the air


So I am pulling out a flower birthday card I created for my last class and that I will be using again this Sunday at my next one.
I love this card and I wish that the original idea was mine, but I CASE'd this card from Starofmay at SCS. She also has her own wonderful blog with many awesome projects. I'd love to be this talented. You can check out her blog here. The 5 in 1 template projects she just posted are amazing!
So what is a CASE? C.A.S.E stands for Copy and Share Everything, and I prefer to CASE and tell. I want to give credit where credit is due and with all of the awesome ideas out there I try to keep track of where I get my ideas. Some of my cards are my own original ideas and some aren't. That is why in my classes I am often talking about where I got my ideas, be it SCS or Splitcoaststampers or a blog.
I changed my card up so that it uses all Stampin' Up products. The background is stamped using Print Pattern background stamp with Rose Red classic ink on Rose Red cardstock, as is the flower from Big Blooms, but it is stamped on Whisper White. To get just one of the flowers from the image I used a Stampin' Write marker so that I could omit the other 2 flowers. The Old Olive layer uses Always artichoke ink and the Happy Everything stamp set. It is one of my favorite sentiment stamps. I dressed the layer up a big by using my 1/16" hole punch and using 2 vintage brads on the layer. The flower is also matted using Regal rose cardstock.
Tomorrow I am going to show you a Trifold card! You won't want to miss this one. I also have a big weekend of Scrapbooking coming up so I will be sure to show you some of those projects as well.
Here's to Friday and a fun weekend of Stamping!

No comments: