March 21, 2007

Spring is Here!



I love the first day of spring. It means that warm weather is just around the corner, the flowers and trees are getting ready to bud and it means a new beginning. What a perfect time to get back to my blog, which I have sadly neglected. So I am here to share a new card with you.
This card is made using the Spring Fever Promotion from Stampin' Up!. You can view the details of this promotion by going to their homepage at http://www.stampinup.com Details about the promotion can be found by clicking on the picture.
I love this bundle! The paper is gorgeous, the wheel matches both the Polka Dot and Paisley stamp set as well as the Polka Dot and Petals set and it is so springlike. It also matches perfectly with Stampin' Up!'s cardstock as you can see in the photo of my card.
I used Taken with Teal for the base of my card, and I got the idea from Kathat at Splitcoaststampers. She used this side of the Petals and Paisley Designer double-sided paper, but I couldn't put it on the card without showing off the other side too. So that is where my inspiration comes from and where my design skills took off.
I have one last class this March, on Saturday, for a church group in Plainfield, IL. They are going to be lucky enough to make this card. I needed one more opportunity to get the bundle used before the promotion officially ends, but I am sure I will continue to use it long past this. I actually had to order another package of this gorgeous paper since I have used almost all of the last one up already.
I used the Petals Jumbo wheel with taken with teal ink and ran it across the top of the card. I then scored the designer paper at 1/4 an inch from the top and folded a neat crease in it with my bone folder. I can't live without it! I can use it to neatly fold cards, fold over corners of paper, put a crease in my round tab punch to fold neatly and I can use it to make sure that my elements are completely secured to my cardfront. There are many other uses, but this is what I use it the most for. I then used 2 silver eyelets to hold the top of the fold down and give the card some interest. I like the effect it has. It gives a little touch of metal without taking away from the rest of the card.
I then took the oval punches, both the large and the small, and punched out an oval of taken with teal and whisper white. I colored on my stamp with my taken with teal Stampin' Write marker and stamped "find joy" on the whisper white oval. From there I used the rose red and always artichoke markers to ink up my flower stamp and I stamped it twice, each on a piece of whisper white cardstock. I then layered the whisper white on top of old olive to add some contrast to the card.
I really love how it all came together!
If you would like the opportunity to make cards like this feel free to look at my calendar and see what classes fit your schedule the best. I have my calendar listed on my Stampin' Up Independent Demonstrator website. Simply visit http://igotstamps.stampinup.net and click on Opportunities and Events. Also take a minute to check out my Art Gallery and other Specials.
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a joyful spring day!


No comments: