March 28, 2007

Let's Get Organized


Or at least attempt to. We have an overload of kids toys and I am so tired of going down to my basement because the toys are everywhere. I sort and sort and get all like toys into one big rubbermaid bin only to have them all dumped out and thrown back in all unsorted.
But I have to get the toys sorted so I can get my Stampin' Up! stuff back downstairs. Right now I am working out of my bedroom and that is not a calming thing to do. I want to go into my bedroom to read and relax. Instead I am tripping over swaps (I took 16 envelopes to the Post Office today), looking at a pile of cardstock that needs to be sorted, or I am looking at my pile of card sketches that I want to try but haven't yet gotten to. The spring weather has gotten us outside, but it hasn't left a lot of time for stamping.
Since today I didn't get any great project accomplished besides sorting toys I will post a card I did at my last workshop that features the Polka Dot and Paisley Bundle. I love the colors in this card and I just got my 2nd package of the Petals and Paisley designer series paper. This was such a simple card to make. I inked up my wheel in Cool Caribbean and ran it over the card. Then I used Snail to adhere the designer series paper. I used Stampin' Write markers for the rest of the card. The colors are Taken with Teal, Regal Rose and Always Artichoke. I stamped the words on the Whisper White cardstock before punching them out with the small oval punch, and then used the large punch for the Taken with Teal layer. Then I simply layered the card together and it was a snap.
Now if only getting my life organized was as simple as this card.

No comments: