March 25, 2007

Keep it Simple Sunday


Whew, I'm exhausted. Last night was a lot of fun! I was invited to do a Girl's Night Out for a private church group. All in all there were 12 ladies there and they each made 5 projects. I tried to have something available for everyone from the seasoned stampers to the first time stampers. We stamped until about 10 pm last night.
Then this morning, the beautiful weather prompted me to start scrubbing my house down from top to bottom. I am almost done, but I needed a break. There is something calming knowing that your house is sparkly clean - at least until the kids pull the toys out again.
This was one of the cards we completed and it is a fairly simple layout. All you need to make this card is stamps, paper and ink and nothing else! What a wonderful option for beginning stampers who don't have a lot of embellishments or supplies.
Yes, cards with embellishements are wonderful, but when you are starting from square one the little things tend to add up. So if you want to create cards to send to your friends and you are on a budget, you can still create stunning simple cards to mail out.
For this card I used the stamp set, That's nice and I colored in the alernating lines on the image with brocade blue and chocolate chip stampin' write markers. I also used the paisley stamp from Polka Dots and Paisley with white craft ink on the background of the card. The card has fairly simple layering with brocade blue, chocolate chip, sahara sand and naturals white cardstock.
Well I guess I should finish the last of my cleaning and hopefully I can start on some of my swap cards.

No comments: