March 30, 2007

Funky Card Friday


It's finally Friday! I was hoping to get a lot accomplished this afternoon while the boys were sleeping, but only one decided to take a nap. Isn't that they way things work? I don't think I've gotten two kids down for a nap at the same time in months, and if I do it is a rare occassion.
So I started to work on this trifold card and the minute I get to watercoloring it, Colin comes running up to the table and proceedes to shake it. My coloring is therefore outside the lines and is blotchy in spots. I had to leave the project alone to rescue the camera from his hands so I figured this was going to be as good as it gets for today.
If you want to learn to make a trifold card, you can come to my class tomorrow where I will have all of the supplies cut, scored and ready to go - as always my class schedule is online here, or you can view an really well written online tutorial in the resource section of Splitcoaststampers .
I used white grosgrain ribbon to tie my card together, but I really think and organdy ribbon would be better suited for the task. However, not having any on hand I made due with the supplies I have.
Supplies:
Stamp set- Bunny Hugs
Cardstock- Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Cool Carribean, Pretty in pink (inside card), Whisper White, Petals and Paisley Designer Series paper
Ink- Jet Black Stazon, Watercolor Wonder Crayons in Soft Subtles and Earth Elements
Accessories- White Grosgrain ribbon












1 comment:

Allison said...

Too cute...I love your little chick in the basket!