March 24, 2007

The Great VSN Getaway!


Last night I took part in some of the virtual stamp night challenges on Splitcoaststampers. I had a blast! The theme for this card was a Postcard. The template was provided and I simply printed on naturals white cardstock.
Then I raced back upstairs and had to decide on a color scheme and a stamp set. I grabbed Office Accoutrement because I love the big flowers and it turned out to be a perfect match for this challenge. It has a date stamp, matching paper that looks sort of like the latitude and longitude lines on a map or globe and the memo stamp. I also pulled out my Everyday Flexible Phrases for the vacation wording and Riveting because I thought it would make a good postage stamp.
I picked Cool caribbean and Regal rose because to me it gives a tropical feel. I meant to grab Chocolate chip ink to compliment the too colors, but in my haste to make the time frame I grabbed basic brown and I think it looks really good. I surprised myself and used an ink color I normally don't reach for.
There was a lot of cutting involved with the flowers and each of the smaller flowers are popped up on dimensionals as is the Cool Caribbean flower, and the heart in the middle of the Riveting circle.
I think with the 45 minute time limit I did a pretty good job on this challenge. I'm thinking of turning it into a full card for a class even, but we'll see about that. After I was done I matted the naturals white cardstock on Cool caribbean and basic black. I then took a picture, rushed to upload it onto my computer and then onto Splitcoaststampers. But I made it in the nick of time!
Have a great weekend! I'm headed out to a class tonight so more stamping for me today, and that is always a plus.

No comments: