March 22, 2007

Card Sketch Block



I am card challenged today. I have 4 of my 5 projects planned for a class I am having on Saturday night and I can't seem to come up with an idea for the last card. I have searched and stamped and I have come up empty handed. I am sure it will come to me eventually, but for now I just have to take a step back and relax about it.

Instead I will share with you a card that I CASE'd from Beate Johns, whose blog you can find, here. She is an amazing stamper and she is so good at sharing her ideas and tutorials with others. I can't wait to try out her Trifold card tutorial, but I promised myself I would wait until after I finished the cards for Saturday.

This card uses so saffron, chocolate chip, naturals white cardstocks and Petals and Paisley Designer series paper. I don't know why I had to have this baby set, but the bear and giraffe were too cute to pass up. It is the new Bundle of Joy stamp set from Stampin' Up! that was release on March 1st.

I stamped the giraffe on with jet black stazon and then watercolored him in with so saffron ink and my AquaPainter. I then used a close to cocoa stampin' write marker and colored in his spots, ears and tail. The background of the card has a doodle star and moon pattern that is stamped in so saffron ink.

I finished the card off with a piece of hodgepodge hardware and tied some cream and rose grosgrain ribbon onto it. The tab is punched out using the new round tab punch and the top layer is set up on dimensionals.

I did share my hardware! I made this at a class last month and everyone loved this set. If you are interested in seeing my class schedule, simply click on the calendar on my Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator website, which can be found here.

No comments: