March 23, 2007

April Showers . . .


Well in this case March Showers, hopefully will bring nice and cheery flowers. It is another rainy morning and this one doesn't look like it will let up for a nice sunny and warm afternoon like the last few. I was able to get the kids outside for about 4 hours yesterday and I was as exhausted as they were. But after a good night sleep they are well refreshed and I feel like I can sleep for another 8 hours.
Today Evan has to go get his 15 month shots that he missed out on last month when he had the RSV, so I am planning on one crabby 16 month old today. I know he has to at least get his MMR and maybe one or two more on top of that.
I thought I'd share this nice spring card with you before my day gets really hectic and I don't have time to post. This is yet another CASE, but it is not an exact one. Kiemel4 at SCS came up with this color scheme and layout and when I saw it I just had to try it out. I am not usually a bold brights person but this one worked wonderfully. This card uses Green Galore, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock. The flower was stamped in Green Galore, Real Red and Yoyo yellow. The center of the flower was cut out and popped up on dimensionals.
How did I get the scalloped border you ask? I took the guard off of my corner rounder and just kept punching a new round corner where the last one left off. It is much harder to explain without pictures and if my memory serves me correctly there is a tutorial with pictures at Splitocoaststampers for this technique.
The tag on the front was colored in with Real Red and Green Galore Stampin' Write markers and the ribbon is held on with a staple. I then adhered the tag onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals once again.
The day I Demo'd this card I sold 3 of these sets. The set is in the Stampin' Up spring mini and it is called You Make Me Happy. You can view this set and all of the others online at http://www.stampinup.com
Stay dry and may your rain bring flowers as happy as this.

No comments: