March 27, 2007

5 X 5 Art Journal


I pre-ordered this 5 X 5 Art Journal a while ago and it has stayed in it's original state until today. I decided to take off the cellophane wrapper and that was enough to get the creative juices flowing.

My kids are always saying and doing something funny and I always mean to write it down in a baby book, but good intentions are pushed to the side and it never gets accomplished. Therefore, I made this book to hold photographs and funny moments.

To start I used the same elements I used on the card I made yesterday. I love this butterfly and I think it is quickly going to become one of the stamp sets I use the most. The butterfly is from Reason to Smile, a Level I hostess set. If you read my previous entry you can find a detailed account of how this was created.

For the book I also used my Big Deal Alphabet and cut out the word Mom that was stamped on Naturals white cardstock in Regal rose ink. Then I tied a chocolate grosgrain ribbon around the "o" before attaching the letters to the book. To dress it up a bit I tied various colors of grosgrain ribbon to the metal binding.

The inside of the book is divided into 3 sections. Each is a page I created using the Spiral punch to punch the binding, as I did with the cover and the back of the book. The first section has "Family" stamped on it, the 2nd section has "Colin" (my oldest son's name) and the last section is for "Evan" (my youngest).

I have the sections divided with tabs I made using the Round Tab punch. I really like the results and I have plans to make more of these books as gifts.

No comments: