February 13, 2007

Think Pink



I had to find a way to get some use out of this great giraffe and I promised to make a girl version of yesterday's card. However, when I sat down to do it I had to come up with something different. It almost feels like spring with this color scheme, and we need that after getting snowed in today. School was cancelled, the mall wasn't opened and Roger came home from work at noon. So I had to get a start on my 2nd batch of cards for my swap.

So today I was looking around at SCS and found this simple yet gorgeous card by JennyAlia, so I modified it to suit my needs and I think it turned out fairly well. It's just too bad I don't know anyone having a girl, or if I do, I can't think of them off the top of my head as I sit in my ice encased snow swept home. I was planning on using the same colors that Rachaeljl used on her giraffe, but I switched it at the last minute. Thanks for the inspiration ladies!

I used Naturals White, Sage Shadow and my favorite combination of Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink for my cardstock. I used Jet Black Stazon, So Saffron, Sage Shadow and Pretty in Pink for the ink colors and I used my AquaPainter to watercolor in my giraffe. I think he is so cute, but maybe I should say she because it is a girly card. I love the Round Tab Punch and I have used it on almost every card since I bought it. There are also Vintage brads on the card and I did use my 1/16 hole punch. The stamp sets are from Stampin' Up! and are Bundle of Joy and Just So Sayings.

Maybe I'll get a lot more done tomorrow since we may still be snowed in. Stay safe and warm!

1 comment:

Allison said...

This is so cute! Great job!