February 10, 2007

Pocket Notes



There is nothing like waiting until the very last minute to figure out a project, and that is exactly how this one turned out. I have just been feeling awful lately and my kids always need me when I am stamping.

So I had to look elsewhere for inspiration. My first pocket note comes directly from an idea I got at Stampin' Up. This particular pocket note was featured on the Demonstrator part of the website and was used to make a full sized card. But since I am using these to stuff my mailboxes I kept it at the small size of the Pocket note. This has been one of my favorite sets from the Winter Mini and I have used it at every workshop and class since I've had it. I have also sold at least 2 sets of Like It A Latte at every event. I used the Chocolate Chip Pocket Note along with Certainly Celery and Whisper White Cardstock. I stamped the words with Whisper White Craft ink and the hearts with Regal Rose.


My second Pocket note was inspired by JanTink at SCS, and author of her own blog Stamps, Paper, Scissors. I used a Very Vanilla Pocket Note, Buckaroo Blue, Regal Rose, Loves Me Designer paper and Very Vanilla cardstock. I also used Buckaroo Blue and Regal Rose ink with Sweet On You stamp set. I love these little stamps. The words were stamped on using Very Punny. We had fun using this set to make our Valentine's Day Mommy and Me projects today as well. You can see my class schedule on my Stampin' Up Demonstrator website.


My last pocket note was inspired by stampinatad, who is also a member at Splitcoast. When I saw her version of the Pretty In Pink pocket notes I knew I had to try it out for myself. I used the Loves Me Desiner Paper as well as Regal Rose and Natural White cardstock. I stamped the pig from Very Punny in Basic black classic ink and then colored him in with Regal Rose ink.

I want to thank everyone for inspiring me to make my own version of these cards. Without all of my inspiration I'd still be at square 1.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Super cute...I think the first one is my fav because I love celery and chocolate chip!