February 12, 2007

Boy oh Boy!



I sat down and had a chance to work on one of my swaps today and I took place in a sketch challenge at SCS. This is my end product and I am in love with it.

I normally stay in the straight lines, clean paper kind of box, but I am always admiring the "grundgy' looking cards wishing that mine looked as good. So today I decided to step out of my comfort zone and as a result I have very inky fingers and a card I am very proud of.

I used Bundle of Joy and Just So Sayings that will be coming out in March for this card. They are both exclusively from Stampin' Up and if you'd like to know more you can visit my Demonstrator Website. The cardstock is Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Certainly Celery and Naturals White. I used the same ink colors with the addtion of Pretty in Pink to color in the bears cheeks. I used my new Round Tab punch for the Boy oh Boy tab and anchored it on with a Vintage Brad. I also used Black Gingham ribbon and glued it on with a mini glue dot. My AquaPainter was used to watercolor in the bear and then I used a sponge to give it a dirty look. My bone folder was perfect for roughing up the edges and I also used my 1/16 hold punch to put the brad on.

This is going to be one of my favorite sets for sure! I feel a March project coming on.

1 comment:

Allison said...

This is so cute...great job with this new set!