January 2, 2007

A Work In Progress



I started out on my altered tin today. I am happy with the way it is turning out but it is taking me longer than I expected to finish it. The dimensions of my tin were a little smaller than those I have found online so I had to fiddle with them a little bit.

The front of the tin, which is on the right hand side of the picture uses Designer 2 sided paper called Loves Me from the Winter Mini catalog. I also used Chocolate Chip, Pretty In Pink and Very Vanilla cardstock on the front as well as on the inside. I did use some Cool Caribbean cardstock as my background paper for the inside of the tin. The ink on the outside is chocolate chip in which I stamped the background image from Polka Dots and Paisley set that was a gift from Shelli (CEO at Stampin' Up). I used Bordering blue to stamp the word happy and tied it all together with Ivory Grosgrain ribbon. The inside uses Chocolate Chip as well as Regal Rose, Cameo Coral Ink Pads and Always Artichoke Stampin' Write Marker.

I have a scrapbooking party on Friday so hopefully I will get a chance to finish my tin. Tomorrow I have to start on cutting out all of my cardstock for my workshop on Sunday, so I'll show a preview of those cards!

2 comments:

Saliber said...

Looks great! I love pink and brown together! Also, what do you use the tins for? Or is that the point, you can use them for whatever you want? Or maybe a place to keep all your cards you made...

I wish I was closer to you!! I mean besides seriously bringing all your supplies and me renting a hotel for us to share and not have kids, I don't know how to do it. But, it would be fun to have two days with no kiddos... I could even borrow Laura's card table. :-P

Stamp your Heart Out said...

I am going to use mine as a "mini" purse album. I want to include pictures of the boys so that I can actually have some with me in the diaper bag. I am a bad mom when it comes to carrying pictures and have had people ask me several times to see some, and I'm always empty handed. It can also be used as a card.

Jenn