January 6, 2007

Where does time go?



I feel like I have been awake for a week straight and I don't even know where the time has gone. Maybe it has something to do with that "UFO" sighting over O'Hare. *giggles* Okay, probably not, but I've been meaning to check that whole story out.

I spent a lot of time this week getting my cardstock ready for my workshop on Sunday. I have 11 people attending! I was getting worried that more would respond with a "Yes', and I'd run out of cardstock. *Gasp* Actually I only have one full piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock left. I never thought that my first workshop out of my home would be so successful. So keep your fingers crossed for me that everyone is excited about the Sell-A-Bration sets as I am. I still don't have mine in hand. They were supposed to be here on Friday, but somehow UPS has a rescheduled date, after passing them through Salt Lake City 2 times, 3 days apart, for Monday. I can't wait to get them mounted and ink them up.

So here is my card for the day. *Sorry Becky, I still haven't gotten the slider card done.* I saw a similar card in the Winter Mini, but I wanted to make a full sized card out of it. I loved the color scheme and the stamp set so I improvised and made one up on my own. I used Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean and the Loves Me Designer paper that is in the Winter Mini, as well as Very Vanilla. The stamp set is Sweet on You, and the Be Mine is one of the Fancy Flexible Phrases, all stamped with Chocolate Chip ink. I also added some Ivory Grosgrain ribbon to give it an extra touch.

I am also pleased to say that I did a 6 X 6 mini album last night, minus pictures in just under 2 hours time, and it is gorgeous! I have to get my photos loaded off of my digital camera and then I can share. I think I may offer a class for the Simply Scrappin' kits using the map that Sharon G. so graciously shared on SCS. I used the At Home kit and I love it.

On another good note! In the last 2 days two people have contacted me out of the blue that are interested in Stampin' Up in my area. I am so excited about building a local customer base. I really want this to be my full time job when the kids are both in school. So I'm planning on starting now, with a small group of loyal customers and hopefully build up from there. I have 3 more years until Evan can start Preschool due to his mid November birthdate.

I'm off to type up my card directions for my workshop tomorrow, as well as kit ideas to help boost those Sell-A-Bration sales.

1 comment:

Saliber said...

Beautiful! I am getting the impression you have a paper crush on chocolate chip brown. LOL

You should take a picture of all of your supplies so I know how much stuff I'll have to acquire to make your beautiful cards!