January 1, 2007

It's Sell-A-Bration Time!



"There's a party going on right here
a Sell-A-Bration to last troughout the years.
So bring your good times
and your laughter too
we're gonna Sell-A-Brate
your party with you
Come on now (Sell-A-Bration)"
* adapted lyrics from Kool & the Gang
So here is the set of stamps that started it all! I walked into my parent's house one cold, blistery November day to attend a Stampin' Up workshop that my mom and sister decided to host. They are not new to Stampin' Up by any means and they are probably more seasonsed veterans than I am. I was the one who always took their stamps for the joy ride. *laughs*
Sure, I had attended stamp camps with them, but I was never really the one to invest, but obviously that has changed. Now I'm always telling my husband "Just one more order . . . things will slow down when I have my supplies built up." Honestly, I am not a huge fan of spending money but the Stampin' Up Idea Book & Catalog calls to me from across the room and I just have to pick it up and see exactly what I need. So now after spending my Christmas money and then some, I am done ordering. *sigh* That is until next Sunday.
I am having my first Sell-a-Bration workshop of the New Year in the home it all started in. My mom and sister are hosting the workshop for me. I think so far we have 9 attendees, and I know they both have thier orders all ready to go! I am planning 3 hands on projects and I'll share them here throughout the week. I have my samples all made and ready to go, but I have to get my cardstock ready and my supplies packed.
This week I also want to get started on either my mailboxes or my altered Altoids tin. I am not sure which project I want to start on first, but that will depend on how much of my Loves Me Designer paper I use when I cut out my supplies for the workshop on Sunday. I am so happy that I finally got my grubby little hands on the mailboxes, yet I feel compelled to stalk my Target for them. I was there two times today and one time it was my husbands fault. He is the one who planted the seed in my head to go back there this evening. If anyone is watching those in-store video cameras I wonder how many times they will see me walk into the store and walk back out after looking in the empty $1 Spot bin labeled "mailbox". *sighs*
It's getting late and I have a 13 month old refusing to sleep, so I better sign off. My card today is made with Ornamassortment Stamp Set and Twinkle Stampin' Around Wheel. I used Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Ruby Red and Whisper White cardstock. I used the Basic Black stamp pad and colored in my ornaments with Stampin' Pastels. "Holiday" on the little tag used Always Artichoke Stampin' Write Marker and I had a Brocade Blue Ink Cartridge in my wheel.
My cat Gilbert also helped stamp the card and added two nice little lines of Basic black for me and all he really wanted was my marker.

No comments: