January 21, 2007

Envelope Book

I saw this book a few weeks ago and I fell in love with it. I got all of the measurements and could not figure out how to put it all together. I was so upset about that. So I borrowed a book from my upline and it was easier to complete with a sample in front of me. Measurements and written directions can only take you so far.
So I sat on this project for a few weeks, and finally tonight I vowed to complete it. I had so much fun! It is made with the Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' kit that I earned as part of my Sell-A-Bration purchases. It goes along with the Delight in Life stamp set and I used the stamps on the inside to decorate as well as the Big Blossom stamp. I will share photos of the inside tomorrow, so you have to wait in order to see it.
I am so excited about this project that I am going to do an entire class on it. I will let participants pick which kit they want to work with and I think it will be a hit!
I have also decided to photograph my cards instead of scanning them. My scanner will never scan straight no matter how many times I check to make sure everyting is situated perfectly. It also takes away a lot from my projects. So from now on I'm planning on using my Cannon Rebel XT to photograph things. I have a backdrop I set up using an old white pillow case I've had laying around and a Stampin' Up! shipping box that I cut out to hold up the case. I think the setup works very well. Now I just need to get better lighting and I'll be all set.

No comments: