January 20, 2007

Celebrate!


I am making a committment! I really need to stop browsing through all of the wonderful cards I see on SCS and start creating my own. I had set a goal for myself to create at least one project a day and I have fallen so far behind. Isn't that always the case? It is in my house.
I did this card for 2 purposes. I want to start completing more card sketch challenges at SCS. I think they are wonderful, so this was the sketch selected for this week. If you want to complete the challenge you can find it here. The most important reason is because my cousin's daughter is celebrating her 3rd birthday today! I refuse to go to the store to buy a card when I have the supplies to make my own.
I used the set Tag Time, and I think it turned out pretty well. The cardstock colors are Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery and Whisper White. I used a lot of ink colors along with my Aqua Painter to color in the images. I stamped the images in Jet Black Stazon because I think it works better when coloring images in. I used Pretty in Pink, Vintage Violet, Cranberry Crisp, Almost Amythest, Mellow Moss, Apricot Appeal and Buckaroo Blue. I know I could have simplified the color scheme, but I wanted a nice cheery birthday card for a 3 year old. I popped the gifts up off of the page with Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: