December 31, 2006

The Eve of a New Year!




Wow, this year has just flown by! On the eve of the New Year so many of us make New Year's Resolutions, but to our dismay many of them fall to the wayside by the second week of January. Sure I'd love to say this year I am going to lose the last of my baby weight or that I'm going to start a consistent exercise program, but why lie to myself. It's just not going to happen! I can't roll out of bed tomorrow and be a new person and have a completely new game plan.




Instead this year I am going to focus on my creativity! At the end of November I took the plunge and signed up to be a new Stampin' Up Demonstrator in addition to the Paint Shop Pro forum that I help to manage, called Doodle-Bugz. In signing up with Stampin' Up I came across an awesome website with some very creative and talented people who not only create amazing cards and other altered crafts, but who also have thriving businesses, at Splitcoaststampers. So instead of Oooohing and Aaaahing at all of the lovely artwork I am going to make it my New Years Resolution to create some WOW projects myself with my stamping supplies. By creating things that I love and sharing them with others I too hope to create a thriving business for myself. A business that will allow me to continue to stay at home while my two sons slowly enter into the schooling system. All this coming from a person who never thought she'd be a SAHM, much less love it.




So to start off the new year here is a card I created. This is a new card size that was showcased in the January issue of Stampin' Success. It is a 3 X 6 card that uses Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal, True Thyme and Whisper White cardstock, along with Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal and Basic Black ink. I used Reason to Smile and Tags So Much, which are two of the current hostess sets in the 2007 Idea Book & Catalog.
Now if I could only get my hands on some of those Target $1 spot mailboxes and I'll be set! *sighs*




No comments: